Friday, April 18, 2014

Not Sure How to Rate Thing 8

Still trying to abstain from joining up with more social media. This blog thing is sure messing with that goal.

Since one of the requirements of this thing was being on some social media, Twitter got picked as the social media to be on and HootSuite was selected as the social media tool to check out.

First off twitter is something that my head still needs to be wrapped around. I randomly picked some of my favorite TV shows/characters/movie genres to follow just to see how this works. I did find this cool event via Twitter:

There is a Pinterest board and a Facebook page for it. If you sign up for the mailing list they will send you a media packet.

I can see the advantage of using something like HootSuite, too. There is a big plus with seeing all our social media on one screen and using some of the cool features like scheduled posting. I have been doing that in Blogger for these blog posts. You can preplan posts for an event or to cover time when you are away from your computer, like a vacation.

For an individual or organization that has a social media presence this is a good app to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment